Friday, February 29, 2008

Beach Day



Today was fairly quiet. I'm doing this soup diet right now, but today on it I got some ground beef. The dogs are breathing a sigh of relief because the little one was looking pretty good on a stake right about now. Last night, Bella escaped from the back yard (mainly because her humans left the gate open). I was walking up and down the street waking up all the neighbors calling her name. We finally found her one street over. It is a very busy street and I have been scolding her all day long. Against my better judgement, we went to the beach today. This was Bella's first of many experiences there and I'm not exactly sure if she liked it. Leah likes anything that gets her a ride in the car. I've attached some pics of the day. Pictures are something that I have not taken since Dave died. We both enjoyed taking them so much. This gives me the excuse I need to start doing that again. What good are pictures if you can't share them, right. Well, I'm going for a dip in the hot tub. We got one this week :) You know it dropped below 75 this week and was too cool for us. What else can you do?

3 comments:

Dyllan's Dependents said...

I wish I had gone to the beach today. Still waiting for winter to break. I am so glad you started a blog and that you are taking pics again. It is good to see the Alvarez girls.
-liz

David said...

Hi Rachael!

Its your father-in-law, David, here. I am glad to hear about your current activities. Reading about all the "real life" things that you do on a day-to-day basis somehow allows a connection to be established. Receiving your photos from Italy was like opening a present on Christmas morning! I could not wait to view them. And you're right - that was something that you and David shared. I am glad to be seeing your photos again, especially with the girls.

I keep my David alive in my heart each day. I am comforted by knowing that you both had such a profound relationship with God, and while some days may be difficult to navigate, I know that your faith, your belief in the Lord will keep calm the waves of your emotions.

I am curious about this "soup diet." Did you actually read about it somewhere? Is it balanced - giving you sufficient amounts of protein and carbs?

I loved the beach photos! Which beach were you at?

I look forward to your next entry. Technology is too cool!

I pray for you every day - and I know the power of prayer - because the day that you and David met was an answered prayer!

Love and Blessings,
David (Dad)

Anonymous said...

Hehe, 75 is too cool for you? My how you've acclimated! Enjoy the beach for me! Love ya bunches!

Rach