Monday, July 7, 2008

I've been busy catching up on paperwork today. I had to take the car in for 20,000 mile maintenance. Can you believe I drove over 5,000 miles on my vacation to NNY. Oh my, that was a long trip! I faxed back my job acceptance letter, so I'm locked in to an August 11th start date at the hospital. I'm both nervous and excited about returning to work. I really do love nursing. I spoke with the manager last week and she seems very nice. She is actually an Air Force reservist, so she has some idea about the whole military thing. I think I was meant to work on this floor to start. I had to explain what had happened (mainly because I had a lapse in employment). She was so understanding that it really put me at ease. Yesterday, I worked all day on refinishing a sewing chest I bought in NY at the auction. I'm very excited on how nicely it is turning out. Tomorrow I will go to home depot for some gloves to stain it and some moss baskets to plant my geraniums that I bought in NY. They are the vining kind that we had in Italy. I was so happy to find them, because I've never seen them here. My run today went well. Only 2.5 miles running and 2 miles walking because it was so hot. Tomorrow I'm going to run in the morning or at the gym (depends on when I get up). It rained this evening and has actually turned really nice......no humidity. I love the rain :)

No comments: