Saturday, July 5, 2008

NY Pictures

I really enjoyed my trip to NY. I can't explain it in words except it was good for my soul. I miss everyone I met terribly, but I'm also glad to be home with my family and friends here in Corpus. I can't wait to visit again and I can's wait for visitors.......As for the future, I've hired on with a travel company and am going to do a contract here in Corpus starting in August on a medical/surgical-urology unit. I'm nervous about working, but also very ready to return to this normal thing in life.


Pooped pups on the way home.


The Amish are everywhere.


Liz buying her house


Fountain in town park, Canton, NY


You have to be careful when you hike in the Adirondacks, there are panthers, bears, and blue ninjas in the forest. The appear when you least expect it.


View from the High Peak. Beautiful!

Hiking in the Adirondacks. We climbed one of the high peaks.
2 people, 4 dogs

Grady thinks he is much smaller than he is. He is standing on the console in the 4 Runner.

Taking a rest by the Parliment building.

I had no idea that Canadians had a statue of Liz up in Ottawa, go figure :)

Starbucks, Ottawa, Canada



Playing speed scrabble one night.



We went on a garden tour of Potsdam on 21 June.

Margaret (Liz's mom) and the peony's. I think this is my new favorite flower. What an intoxicating smell they have. When I got home mom told me my grandmother used to grow them and they were beautiful!

Elena, Liz, Mark, and Me at the Hard Rock in Canada.....what a good baby!




Niagra Falls, Canada

I had such a wonderful time spending time at the farm. It belonged to the assistant pastor of Liz's church. Everyone I met was so wonderful and caring. I really enjoyed everything about her church and the people that make it up.....WOW!
This is a future dinner for the family.





Trying to figure out if it is a boy or girl.


Sunday at the farm

Coming home from the auction....I think we bought alot
(this is a Suburban, we even had to tie the doors closed with rope)
I'm hooked on auctions now!

Driving thru someones garden......not sure whose.

I think all the dogs wore each other out. Grady needs a
pillow downstairs......I'm looking out for you Grady :)


Testing out the kayak and the life vest.

Everyone's flowers were amazing. This one was blooming at camp.
Liz's mom has quite the green thumb.

Dyllan and Grady tuckered out after swimming.

Leah doesn't swim all that well, so I had to get her a doggy life vest. She didn't use it much but Bella loved the water.

Swimming at camp

Sorry these took so long to post but here our the pictures of our trip. Just to let everyone know, Leah is doing better. The vet thinks she may have pancreatitis. I am changing her diet and giving her Maalox and Pepcid ac. Hopefully, this decreases the inflammation of the pancreas and helps prevent anything life threatening. They drew blood and it was negative for the disease, however, the vet said that schnauzers are notorious for this diesease and just because the blood test comes back negative doesn't mean she doesn't have it. It just may be a mild case right now.
Now here are the pictures.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay..pics! I've been patiently waiting! Hahah It looks like you had a wonderful time and you look beautiful!

Love ya!

Maja Kay said...

It was so much fun to see your pics! Can't wait to run with you in DC...I just did a 4 Miler on the 4th of July so I think I might make it to 10!