Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's been a few days

Okay, I know it's been a few days since I've blogged. Here is what is going on. I started work this week and have been at orientation every day for like 4 hours. It would have been nice to go one day and that was it, but that is not how it worked out. I start my regular night shift tonite on my own. I feel like I'll be okay on the floor. It is definitely fast paced, but not terrible (so far). Then also we started renovations on the house. (my mom and dad's that I am buying). We close next Tuesday or so I am told that is when they want their money....hehehe! I have pull all of the existing shelving out of the closets and the walls in the back 2 bedrooms. Dad and I textured the walls in my old room and we are deciding what to do with the other one at the moment. In the guest bathroom I have taken most of the fixtures down and am at a standstill there until I get the bedrooms done. My old room looks out on the patio, so I have decided to put in french doors to that room and also replace the doors that go out to the patio from the den. That is my job today. To decide on which doors I want to put in. I've been to Home Depot and Lowes. I haven't fell in love with anything yet (and of course price matters). So I'm off to door shop today. Then to the gym and work. Tomorrow I have off so I will sleep in the morning and do house stuff in the afternoon, evening. Being a homeowner really makes one busy, huh? Bella and Leah are doing fine.....sleeping as usual. Other than that the family is just on the same schedule it always is. Nick is a little concerned how me working is going to affect him. He seems to thing that everything has to be scheduled around his activities. He is quite funny, even though he is not trying to be. Alright, I'm off to make small decisions that cost a lot of money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm soo excited for you!! Can't wait to see the house!! LOve ya!