Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Mexico Beauty

We made it to Carlsbad, N.M. yesterday. We got up around 2am and drove until 1:30pm. Nick and I visited the caverns yesterday afternoon. They were just as amazing as I remembered as a child. The Guadalupe moutains were also beautiful. Very different terrain, lots of cactus and yucca plants, but still a beautiful area. The only thing I was sad about was the fact that Dave and I liked hiking so much. I know he would have loved to just spend time there with the dogs and wander around. Today we drove to Lordsberg, N. M. and that's where we are now. We went thru White Sands and stopped and hung out for a couple of hours. If you haven't been there it is very cool. It's actually right next to Ft. Bliss! I never realized it, but Ft. Bliss is actually mostly located in N.M. As we drove thru I definitely could spend 3 years there. Mountains, hiking, sandy beach (without the water), and even skiing within an hours drive! Well, I'm having a beer and then going to take a shower. I took lots of pics and will get those up when I get home. Tomorrow we get to see Max & Nancy. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds nice, though I would have never have thought! OK so I think we need to plan a time to have a beer, and then it will be like we're having a drink together! Hahahah Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Love,
Rach

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend. Sounds nice. Enjoy your visit. Talk to you soon. KJ

Anonymous said...

Uncle George here all the way from Sonora Ca. Juanita just sent this link and it is nice to hear your getting to see some of the beauty here at home (the USA).
So sip a beer for me and please tell Max and Nancy hello from me. Really hope ya get the chance to come out west.
Love the Uncle