Friday, June 27, 2008

I know it has been a few days. So I thought I would update everyone before I leave on Sunday. I have had a great week and a wonderful visit up here in NNY. Tuesday, Liz and I took the dogs (all 4 of them) for a hike in Adirondack mountains. We walked up this trail to one of the high peaks. It took about 1:45 minutes to get to the top. It was overcast and rainy during the day, but because the climb was quite vigorous at times it was refreshing. The dogs of course loved there leash free existence for a while. We crossed paths with some French Canadians that were less than friendly about the dogs, even though they were always under control. I find this hard to fathom because all my Canadian friends are such big dog lovers. We decided Europeans are much more tolerant of pets and it made me miss Europe. After the hike (covered in mud) we went to a winery and bought some local Lake Placid wine. We tried a white dessert wine that tastes very much like the Moscato that I used to have in Italy. Let's see, on Wednesday I can't really remember what we did too much. I did run my 3 miles, shaving 1minute and 45 seconds off my time. Thursday, Liz had the walk thru of her house. It was my first time seeing inside. It is very cute and I think will fit Liz very well. Not to mention it will give me a place to summer from now on :) . We wen t to a Bible study at her friends hour and hit some of the markets. No running on Thursday as my legs were very sore after the hike and run on the previous 2 days. Now it's Friday morning. Liz is closing on her house this morning. I'm going to catch the farmers market. Then maybe we will start some painting. Tomorrow is an auction. So I'll let you know if I'm able to make it home, j/k. I can't buy too much. I won't have room for the dogs. Alright, that is all for now. I'll let you know when I get home and get some pictures of the trip posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you gals have a good visit with each other. I hope your trip back went well. I went down to Italy to go to the prosciutto fest. It was not the same and it was sad to not go there and see you. I did have fun remembering our last prosciutto fest adventure. Jeez the guys with those glasses! Hahaha Just wasn't the same though.
LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!