Sunday, June 15, 2008

New York Fun

Hi everyone, I have some updating to do. I made it to NY last Tuesday. I had a wonderful trip up. I stopped the first night in New Orleans and stayed with my sister. I think it was the best day and night. I enjoyed hanging out with her soooo much. The next day I was on to Ft. Rucker to see some friends from Italy. They reminded me that I am not alone on this new journey in my life. Sometimes I feel that my old life and new life are seperate for some reason. But I am now seeing that one doesn't end where the next begins. Thanks for reminding me of that guys! After that I drove to Greenville, S. C., Roanoake, Virginia, and finally somewhere in Pennsylvainia. The drive was very relaxing and easy nothing unexpected. I hit some bad weather around Syracuse, NY, but luckily it kind of skirted around me on the edges. So what have I been doing? So many new and fun things. Liz's mom and dad have been great! The have taken in me and 2 small schnauzers into their clan temporarily. Bella has been doing fairly well, althougth she is still quite vocal. Leah doesn't think she has rules to follow......she is on vacation. We have been spending time at the lake house and going to the movies. We went to an auction yesterday. I bought a few things, but I have no clue what I'm going to do with them now. I guess I'll figure something out. It was very fun. Today we went to church. They announced that I was there visiting and their church gave David a standing ovation for his service to his country. I thought it was rather appropriate that it would be father's day because I figure we were parents too. It made me cry and of course I had not tissues in my purse again. You would figure that after 7 months of not knowing when the flood gates would open I would have put some in there by now. Anyways, it was very touching. Tomorrow Liz and I are driving to Buffalo to see one of the other wives. We are really looking forward to that, she has just had a new baby and I can't wait to see them. Taking my pups of course. Also, we are going to visit Niagra Falls. Mom I know you are jealous.......I'll take lots of pictures :) Alright, I need to go to bed. I have to run tomorrow before we leave. Have a great week......I can't believe it's already going to be Monday, time is flying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are having a good time! I hope you gals have a good time in Buffalo! I miss and love ya!!