Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's been a while

Well, I know it has been a while since I last wrote. I went thru Dave's birthday and had a pretty hard time with that. I'm a little anxious about this coming weekend and the TAPS seminar in DC I already know that it will be quite emotional. At least I will have friends there to lean on if I need it. I'm really excited about seeing the other girls. On Dave's birthday we went out and had a nice dinner and then celebrated a little with a small cake that I bought. On Saturday, I volunteered at the medical tent during the annual Beach to Bay Relay Marathon. We were going to actually do it this year, but unforeseen things came up. It was good and I got volunteer hours for it. That afternoon I hung out at the lake with some friends and it was a beautiful, hot Texas day. Bella and Leah were doing much better. Leah still is. Bella however had bloody diarrhea today. We were back at the vet this afternoon and he diagnosed her with hookworms. Where those came from I have not a clue, but they are there. So now they are also both being treated for those for the next 5 days. At least it happened the day before I was supposed to leave for DC. Mom and Dad are going to have a lot of fun medicating my little hypochondriacs for the next 5 days. Well, I leave tomorrow at 8am. I'll have pics when I get back. I chopped my hair off on Friday so you all will get to see that. Hope you all have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will be thinking of you this weekend.take care. talk to you soon. karen.